Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Publishing Industry Today




The Florida Writer's Association (FWA) held their usual 3rd Saturday of the month meeting at Carrollwood Barnes & Noble. I was invited to speak about comparing my experiences with a traditional press, Print On Demand and e-book publishing. They also invited Sammy Smith to speak about self publishing.

For those who were interested in self publishing with a Print On Demand company, I gave out free copies of Infinity Publishing books - see their site to receive your free copy!

Sammy Smith spoke about his printing and publishing company, SPS Publications, for writers who want to self publish. See his site for more information.

I want to thank Kaye Coppersmith, the senior editor for FWA, for inviting me and for treating me to lunch afterwards!