Friday, October 24, 2014

10th Anniversary Beloved Horses Book Tour




This fall marks the 10th Anniversary of my Beloved School Horses. I wrote this collection of true short stories after we closed our Unicorn Stables, which ran from 1975 to 2000. It started in Langhorne, PA then 20 years in Salisbury, MD and finally Honesdale, PA.

I wanted to share my memories of the wonderful horses and ponies that provided safe, educational and fun riding lessons/horse shows/vaulting/ocean swimming/picnic trail rides/pony rides for all my students. Each story is a glimpse into the life of horses such as Farewell (the Morgan on the cover), Sonny the vaulting horse, Sandy Mae the Palomino show pony and Mini the sweet Shetland pony.

Sketches from old photographs are included in the 20 stories.

The Book Tour begins October 27 from Tampa and ends November 9, with stops at Apple Brook Farm in Cookstown, NJ, Toll Booth Saddlery in Mt. Holly, NJ, Shady Maple Amish Buffet in Lancaster, PA, Lee's Riding Stable/Windfield Morgan Farm in Litchfield, CT (where I began my equestrian career and where Farewell was foaled), Chicks Saddlery in Harrington, DE and the final stop in Charleston, SC.

See more about my books at my website: http://sharonminer.com/