Thursday, January 1, 2009

Florida Kids "Heart" Authors on Valentine's Day!



New England children's authors I know through Society of Children's Books Writers & Illustrators are holding a great marketing event on Valentine's Day. They are teaming with independent bookstores to hold signings at the same time all over the region. Visit: http://www.kidsheartauthors.com/

I'd love to set up a similar event in Florida. I even have the New England group's permission to follow their idea & have friendly links to each other.

Please e-mail me at sharonminer@yahoo.com to sign up & I'll start a Blog on it. I couldn't believe how quickly the northern stores signed up for it - from less than ten when I first learned to 23 shops today! They were even written up in the children's edition of Publisher's Weekly!

Let's promote literacy, encourage kids to read, support the “Indies” and sell some of our books!

All I need is your name, hometown, a book or series title, your URL & contact info, which bookstore will host you & their contact info (you need to set that up, maybe at your local shop or a favorite one) and if you will offer anything else besides a book signing. Such as: face painting, arts & craft project, reading, refreshments, brief talk etc.

Get those creative juices flowing and let’s inspire the youngsters!

Happy New Year!