Monday, October 11, 2010

Fun at Greenwell Foundation Barn on my Book Tour!






If you live in the southern Maryland area, you must visit the stable at Greenwell State Park. They have a riding stable with a wonderful handicapped riding program.

During my book tour on the east coast, Cara Fogarty (bottom photo) invited me to speak about my passions of horses and writing at the Greenwell Foundation program. After my talk, the crowd had fun decorating real horseshoes with "bling" and I signed many, many books!

A Paint Horse named Spot from Greenwell is featured on the cover of my new book, Beloved Horses in Second Careers. Gene (in the wheelchair above) is one of Spot's riders and Caitlyn (shown holding the book with me) was his original owner. Their stories are included with Spot's chapter. Of course, that book was the big seller of the day!

My heartfelt thanks to Cara and all the Greenwell people and visitors for a fantastic way to end my tour!