Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fun in NJ!





I was in a blissful state while in New Jersey - I rode my old school horse, Sonny! He's 30 yrs old now and looking good!! We just walked for about thirty minutes with a ten second jog around the ring. Then I took him on a mini "trail ride" to visit Farewell's memorial tree.

Sonny and Farewell have enjoyed their retirement at Apple Brook Farm in Cookstown, NJ since 2003. They were used for a few beginner lessons taught by the owner, Beth Collington. What a fabulous farm to spend their golden years!

At Toll Booth Tack Shop I met a young horse lover who takes lessons and dreams of owning a horse someday. Carley, above, is in the fifth grade and her mom bought Beloved School Horses and I autographed it for her. This store has a wonderful selection for kids, both riders and non-riders. Visit them in person on Rt. 206, Easthampton, NJ or online at http://www.tollboothsaddle.com/ or call 609-702-1404.